Body acne can be a persistent and frustrating concern for many. Knowing the causes and how to treat body acne is essential for clear skin. Whether adjusting your diet or receiving a professional acne extraction treatment, we are here to help. We know body acne can affect your confidence, especially during the warmer months when more skin is exposed. Let our professionals at Premier Dermatology explore the ins and outs of body acne and provide valuable insights into its causes, treatment options, and prevention.
What is Body Acne?
Body acne, also known as bacne, refers to the development of pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, or cysts on the back, chest, shoulders, and other areas of the body. It is a common skin condition that can affect people of all ages. Just like facial acne, body acne can be unsightly and often painful.
What Causes Body Acne?
Treating and Preventing Body Acne
Let our Delaware dermatology dive into treatments and prevention tips for body acne to help you become more confident in your skin!
Tips on Treating Body Acne
- Gentle Cleansing: Use a mild, non-comedogenic cleanser to wash your body, and avoid scrubbing too vigorously, as this can worsen acne.
- Topical Treatments: Over-the-counter or prescription creams containing benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, or sulfur can help treat body acne.
- Avoid Tight Clothing: Wear loose-fitting, breathable fabrics to reduce friction and irritation.
- Exfoliate Weekly: Exfoliating once a week can help remove dead skin cells and prevent clogged pores.
- Professional Acne Extraction Treatment: Many think that acne extractions are only limited to the face. However, working with a board-certified dermatologist, we perform acne extractions to clear clogged pores anywhere.
Ways to Prevent Body Acne
- Maintain a Healthy Diet: Eating a balanced diet and avoiding excessive consumption of sugary or high-glycemic foods can help control acne.
- Choose the Right Products: Opt for non-comedogenic, oil-free, and hypoallergenic skincare products to prevent clogging of pores. Ask our Delaware dermatology for product recommendations!
- Regularly Change Bedding: Dirty sheets and pillowcases can harbor bacteria and irritate the skin. Change them regularly to prevent breakouts.
- Shower After Sweating: If you’ve been sweating, you must shower immediately to prevent sweat and oil from sitting on your skin and clogging your pores.
- Be Cautious of Cosmetic Products: Properly develop a shower routine that avoids pore clogging. When showering, wash your body, and use face wash or body acne treatments AFTER washing out your shampoo and conditioner. Doing this avoids the oil from the products dripping down your back and clogging your pores.
Treat Body Acne With Board-Certified Professionals From Premier Dermatology
Body acne can be distressing, but you can achieve clear, radiant skin with the proper care and acne extraction treatment. By understanding the causes of body acne and adopting good skincare routines and preventive measures, you can regain your confidence and enjoy healthier, acne-free skin. If you’re struggling with body acne, don’t hesitate to contact Premier Dermatology for expert guidance and treatment options tailored to your specific needs.